- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chocolate ice cream topping, warmed
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Combine the pecans, wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and extract until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour half of the batter over crust.
- Place the cranberry sauce, cranberries and water in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Gently spread over batter in pan; top with remaining batter.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Cheesecake
"Disaster. I cooked this an extra half hour and it still wouldn't set. The edges were dark an the inside was liquid. Ended up tossing the whole thing."
"This was a huge hit when I took it to a friend's last night. I'll be making this againn, for sure. I found it needed about an extra 15 - 20 minutes cooking time, but well worth it. Not a crack in sight as it cooled."
"This was my first attempt at baking a cheesecake that didn't start out it's life in a box and it came out fantastic! I am now the hero of my Bible Study!! The only thing I changed was that I also baked it an extra 10min or so. Also, on the advice of a friend, I let it cool in the oven (off) with the door open a bit for about an hour, then moved it to my cooling rack for a few hours. Once it was fully cooled, I moved it to the fridge. No cracks. Oh, and by the way...it tasted like heaven on a plate!"
"One of the very best cheesecakes I have ever tasted. The only thing I did different was that I baked it about 15 minutes longer and next time i would add another 5 min. so the center will set more. I took it to a luncheon and offered to have each person take a piece home if they wanted. Not one slice was left. I will make at two more before the Holidays are over."