- a boil; cook and stir until blended. Stir in gelatin powder until
- dissolved. Cool slightly; transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate for
- 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped
- topping and orange peel.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add
- marshmallow creme and extract; beat until smooth. Beat in whipped
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the
- filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread 2 cups frosting over
- top and sides of cake. Spread remaining filling over top of cake to
- within 1 in. of edges. Pipe remaining frosting around edge of cake.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 460 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.