Cranberry Orange Bread
Marsha Ransom of South Haven, Michigan found this recipe in a children's storybook. Now it's a family favorite.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and orange
- peel. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture
- alternately with juice. Fold in cranberries and raisins. Pour into
- a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to
- a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 171 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.