Cranberry Onion Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a nonstick large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice; cook and stir until sugar is melted.
- 2. Add cranberries; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil, cranberries pop and mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the chilies, hot pepper sauce and reserved pineapple. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Onion Salsa
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.