Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Dotted with cranberries, orange peel and vanilla chips, these cookies are so colorful and fun to eat. They look lovely on a dessert tray and would be a great addition to your Christmas cookie lineup. -Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins, cranberries and orange peel. Stir in baking chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 89 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC