Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins, cranberries and orange peel. Stir in baking chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"My husband and I make these cookies, minus the orange zest, plus walnuts. Delicious cookies for anytime. They are colorful for the holidays."
"EXCELLENT cookies! I left out the orange zest as I dont care for orange flavor. Lovely soft and chewy cookies...will be making them again and again!! Also..I tried some with a browned butter glaze drizzle..out of this world!!"
"I dug out a 2008 issue of "Best Loved Cookies & Bars" to start my holiday baking. Found this recipe and made them today. I have never felt the need to write a review, until now. These cookies are yummy! and I'm not a star baker :) The orange zest brings all the ingredients together. If I can make these cookies so can you !!!! Enjoy and thanks Pat for sharing your recipe. Now, I think I'll have to make more, cause my husband just walked out with 2 dozen of them for meeting :) Happy Holidays !!!!"
"These cookies have become a tradition at Christmas. Always on the gift cookie trays."