Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins, cranberries and orange peel. Stir in baking chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"Very tasty. I did not have any raisins so added dried cranberries instead. A nice addition for those who do not like raisins. I noted that the amount of salt is not listed. I added 1/4 tsp of salt."
"I have been making these cookies for well over 10 years. They are my most requested and popular Christmas cookie. They are just a delicious burst of flavor. I'm making some now!!!"
"My husband and I make these cookies, minus the orange zest, plus walnuts. Delicious cookies for anytime. They are colorful for the holidays."
"EXCELLENT cookies! I left out the orange zest as I dont care for orange flavor. Lovely soft and chewy cookies...will be making them again and again!! Also..I tried some with a browned butter glaze drizzle..out of this world!!"