I like to think these oatmeal treats are better for you than the standard chocolate chip cookie. Our three sons just can't get enough of them. And they have no idea I've make the cookies healthier. —Carol Birkemeier of Nashville, Indiana
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars. Add egg, egg substitute, corn syrup and vanilla; mix well. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Yummies in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p29
Reviews for Cranberry Oat Yummies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review