Cranberry Oat Muffins
“These quick muffins have been a favorite for years,” says Arlene Noble in North Judson, Indiana. Filled with the wholesome goodness of oats, bananas, cranberries and crunchy nuts, we can see why!
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- beat the egg, milk, banana and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with
- batter. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick
- comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium,