- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, banana and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Reviews for Cranberry Oat Muffins
Sort By :
"changed the second time and made 12 muffins: fresh cranberries (not dried!); 1/2 c white flour; 3/4 c whole wheat flour; 1/3 c greek yogurt 1/3 c skim milk plus as needed to fully wet dry ingredients; 1/3 c dark brown sugar; 1 T cinnamon; 2 eggs separated: yolks to liquids w whites beat and folded in last; 1/4 c orange juice to liquids. Big improvement!! Beautiful color on top; marvelous light crumb."
"The good news: nice color, and not dry. Pay attention: the dough rises very quickly - if you don't stir ingredients fast enough and it rises before you put it in the muffin cups, it falls and you get flat muffins. They are still not dense, but not so pretty. The not as good news: these tend to crumble apart, and are extremely sweet. I would halve the sugar. And add some kind of flavor, they are a little plain even with the cranberries - could use some vanilla, or cinnamon maybe."
"Very good, light, airy and moist. My husband thought the choice of dried cranberries was questionable, but my kids and I thoroughly enjoyed them."
"These were delicious. It was a nice change from the traditional banana muffins. Loved the oatmeal and the cranberries added a nice tart yet sweet flavor. Very moist. I used skim milk instead of 2% without any problems. Will definitely make it again."
"Great healthy muffins! Quick to make too! I substituted whole wheat flour and added a tablespoon Ground Flaxseed, cut the sugar in half and added a tablespoon molasses and 5 chopped dates for sweetness. Love the muffins!!"