Cranberry Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, banana and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Reviews for Cranberry Oat Muffins(4)
Sort By :
These were delicious. It was a nice change from the traditional banana muffins. Loved the oatmeal and the cranberries added a nice tart yet sweet flavor. Very moist. I used skim milk instead of 2% without any problems. Will definitely make it again.
Great healthy muffins! Quick to make too! I substituted whole wheat flour and added a tablespoon Ground Flaxseed, cut the sugar in half and added a tablespoon molasses and 5 chopped dates for sweetness. Love the muffins!!
Have made these delicious easy muffins many times. Can also substitute applesauce for bananas or use brown sugar with pecans. For my personal taste I use 2 egg whites instead of whole egg, cut sugar to 1/4 cup and cut salt to 1/4 tsp. Pretty healthy breakfast (or anytime) treat!
These were delicious. I doubled the recipe and kept the extras for snacks. They didn't last long.