“These quick muffins have been a favorite for years,” says Arlene Noble in North Judson, Indiana. Filled with the wholesome goodness of oats, bananas, cranberries and crunchy nuts, we can see why!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, banana and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Muffins in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p60
Reviews for Cranberry Oat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review