Cranberry Oat Knots Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm orange juice (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Additional melted butter
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- 2. On the floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut into eighteen 1-in. strips. Tie each strip into a knot. Tuck ends under. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Brush with melted butter. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 54 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Oat Knots
"Followed recipe extractly. Too dry and more like a doughy biscuit, not at all flaky or with a roll texture"