Cranberry Oat Cookies Recipe
You'll delight everyone with these goodies from Heather Breen of Chicago, Illinois. She created tasty cookies that are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and dotted with dried cranberries.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugars and oil until blended. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC