Cranberry Oat Cookies Recipe
You'll delight everyone with these goodies from Heather Breen of Chicago, Illinois. She created tasty cookies that are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and dotted with dried cranberries.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine sugars and oil until blended. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p21
Reviews for Cranberry Oat Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2011
very good cookies, altho i didn't get but 2 dozen, instead of 2 1/2 dozen cookies. Very good, very easy to make cookies.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Oatmeal Cookies >