Cranberry Oat Bread
"This is my favorite bread machine recipe," shares Dorothy Gilmore of Elburn, Illinois. Dried cranberries add a sweet touch to this moist oatmeal bread.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading
- (your machine may audibly signal this), add cranberries. Yield: 1
- loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 92 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.