- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add cranberries. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Cranberry Oat Bread
"This is just the best. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for the great recipe."
"Really liked this bread - nicely moist and great flavor. I also put the cranberries in at the beginning and it worked wonderfully."
"Gently sweet. Great soft texture and the cinnamon adds just the right amount of spice."
"We all loved this bread! I did omit the cinnamon for personal preference."
"I have had to make this bread every day since I found this recipe because my kids devour it!I did make a few modifications...My kids do not like the cranberries & I did not have raisins, so I omitted them - so it's basically a cinnamon bread - love it!The second time I made it I ran out of honey, so I used Agave syrup - even better!"
"I make this bread over and over. We never get tired of it. It is delicious and so easy. Sometimes I make it with the dried cranberries, other times with raisins. The only thing I do differently is to add the dried fruit along with all of the other ingredients. It chops them up a bit, but that is fine with us as it spreads their flavor throughout the loaf."
"Toasted and buttered, a slice or two of this bread is excellent with a cup of hot tea."