Cranberry Nut Swirls Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely ground cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, walnuts and orange peel; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. square. Combine brown sugar and milk; spread over dough. Sprinkle with the cranberry mixture, leaving about a 1/2-in. edge at both ends of dough; roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Wrap with waxed paper; chill several hours or overnight.
- 3. Cut roll into 1/4-in. slices and place on well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 14-15 minutes or until edges are light brown. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 130 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Swirls
"These have become our favorite cookie, especially at Christmas. They've festive but not overly sweet. They're very easy to make and turn out perfectly every time."
"These are so good and pretty too.I will make these agan."
"I made these with fresh/frozen cranberrys and chopped it all up in the food processor. Turned out delish. Cookies were gone at the office in a short peroid of time."
"These did not look anything like the picture, for me. The recipe does not specify whether to use fresh or dried cranberries - I chose dried. Flavor is okay, but I would double the filling, grind the cranberries much more next time and try to find some way to get the dough to actually remain round while chilling. Overall, a little disappointing."