- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely ground cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, walnuts and orange peel; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. square. Combine brown sugar and milk; spread over dough. Sprinkle with the cranberry mixture, leaving about a 1/2-in. edge at both ends of dough; roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Wrap with waxed paper; chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut roll into 1/4-in. slices and place on well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 14-15 minutes or until edges are light brown. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Swirls
"These are so good and pretty too.I will make these agan."
"I made these with fresh/frozen cranberrys and chopped it all up in the food processor. Turned out delish. Cookies were gone at the office in a short peroid of time."
"These did not look anything like the picture, for me. The recipe does not specify whether to use fresh or dried cranberries - I chose dried. Flavor is okay, but I would double the filling, grind the cranberries much more next time and try to find some way to get the dough to actually remain round while chilling. Overall, a little disappointing."