Cranberry-Nut Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
As a former home economics teacher, I love to experiment with recipes. One day I decided to add poppy seeds to my family's favorite cranberry bread. They loved it!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, oil, poppy seeds and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if tops brown too quickly). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Cranberry-Nut Poppy Seed Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p44
Reviews for Cranberry-Nut Poppy Seed Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review