Cranberry Nut Pie Recipe
Our holiday family gatherings wouldn't be the same without this wonderful pie my daughter-in-law first served many years ago.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Sprinkle cranberries into crust. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over the cranberries.
- 2. For topping, combine the sugar, eggs and butter in a bowl. Gradually add flour. Pour over nut mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 512 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC