- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Sprinkle cranberries into crust. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over the cranberries.
- For topping, combine the sugar, eggs and butter in a bowl. Gradually add flour. Pour over nut mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Pie
Sort By :
"This one is a keeper. Nice tart berries with a sweet topping."
"I've made this pie at least 5 times now. It's become a requested favorite. I admit I use pecans instead of walnuts though...The combination of sweet and tart makes people remember it with a smile.This will be my Thanksgiving and Christmas pie contribution from now on."