Our holiday family gatherings wouldn't be the same without this wonderful pie my daughter-in-law first served many years ago.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Sprinkle cranberries into crust. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over the cranberries.
- For topping, combine the sugar, eggs and butter in a bowl. Gradually add flour. Pour over nut mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Pie in Country October/November 2004, p51
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review