Cranberry Nut Muffins
These are delicious, beautiful muffins. I serve them during the holidays or anytime cranberries are available. The leftovers always make good breakfast treats. Through the years I've tried many cranberry recipes for bread and muffins, but this remains my family's all-time favorite!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and baking powder. In
- another bowl, beat eggs. Add orange juice and oil; stir into the dry
- ingredients just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in
- cranberries and pecans. Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin
- cups (cups will be almost full). Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.