- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the oil, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two parchment paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp, stirring once. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries and coconut. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 18 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry-Nut Granola in Country Woman December/January 2012, p62
Reviews for Cranberry-Nut Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review