Cranberry Nut Cupcakes Recipe
“I convinced my son to eat cranberries with these quick-to-fix cupcakes,” relates Anna Minegar of Zolfo Springs, Florida. With lots of cranberries and walnuts and a hint of lemon, they're ideal at breakfast or as after-school snacks, but special enough to serve to company.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, drink mix and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in walnuts and reserved cranberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC