Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad Recipe
If you're looking for something a little different to take to a carry-in dinner, try this pretty salad featuring couscous, dried cranberries and almonds. It's easy to make and good for you, too! —Jean Ecos Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare couscous according to package directions using water and olive oil. Fluff with a fork; transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Add cranberries, green onions, yellow pepper and almonds to couscous. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with salad. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2012
"I have made this salad many times. It is pretty, colorful, and tastes great. Simple to make and easy to take for picnics or potlucks. A very light dish. You just want more and more!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC