Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad Recipe
If you're looking for something a little different to take to a carry-in dinner, try this pretty salad featuring couscous, dried cranberries and almonds. It's easy to make and good for you, too! —Jean Ecos Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare couscous according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; fluff with a fork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- 2. Stir in the cranberries, onions, yellow pepper and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, paprika, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
1/2 cup equals 170 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC