Cranberry Nut Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups halved fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and lemon juice. Combine the flour, ground walnuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries and chopped walnuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Cookies(6)
Sort By :
I made these yesterday and used a food chopper for the cranberries. Love the cookies and this will be a keeper for the holidays.
Excellent cookie. Had to modify a bit due to lack of some of the ingredients, eliminated the ground nuts. I used fresh frozen cranberries that I frozen when I got a bunch on sale. Wanting a little spice I added a tsp of Saigon cinnamon. If I don't hide them they will be gone by nightfall.
I love these cookies and can't wait to make them with fresh cranberries. First year I made them I chopped them in half. TEDIOUS. Second year, I used the food processor to just quickly chop them up. They were just as good. People now request these cookies. I also use pecans instead of walnuts, just prefer them.
When I started cutting the cranberries in half I already was talking myself out of making these again. Took me a good 1/2 hour just to do that tedious task. Actually though they had a very nice tart taste to them. These make pretty large cookies. Make sure you space 2 in. apart.
soft and not too sweet - excellent!