Cranberry-Nut Brownies Recipe
I like to add extras like chips, nuts and dried cranberries to a brownie mix to turn regular brownies into the best brownies ever. Sometimes, I frost them with chocolate frosting and sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts for a super-rich treat.—Rita Cotten, Metropolis, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans, cranberries and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 202 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC