I like to add extras like chips, nuts and dried cranberries to a brownie mix to turn regular brownies into the best brownies ever. Sometimes, I frost them with chocolate frosting and sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts for a super-rich treat.—Rita Cotten, Metropolis, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Fold in the
- chocolate chips, pecans, cranberries and walnuts. Transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 202 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.