Cranberry Nut Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Bars
"wonderful texture ! even for the not so fond of cranberries people !"
"This is great. I had 1/2cup chopped cranberries left so I just tossed them in. Really nice. I had to bake it anothr 15 min, oven differences, but it turned out great. I think it would make a good muffin too."