- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the cranberries and pecans.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Divide into eight balls. Push thumb through the center of each ball to form a 1-in. hole. Place on a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Drop bagels, one at a time, into boiling water. Cook for 45 seconds; turn and cook 45 seconds longer. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain well on paper towels.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bagels. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool. Yield: 8 bagels.
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Bagels
Sort By :
"Wonderful. Could easily not put the brown sugar and cinnamon on top, they had such a good flavor. Thanks John!"
"These turned out really well. Was unsure about the long water bath, but it was fine. Only change I will make is to lessen the amount of cranberries - a lot of them fell off in the bread maker and water bath."
"They were so good. I don't have a bread machine so I did it by hand. I first combined the water, yeast, and sugar and set aside for awhile. Then I just mixed in the salt, cinnamon, cooking oats, and flour and kneaded for a bit. I kneaded in the cranberries and pecans at the end."