Cranberry-Mustard Pork Medallions Recipe
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup port wine or 1 tablespoon additional cranberry juice concentrate plus 1/4 cup water
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. Cut pork into 1-in. slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute pork in oil and butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add reserved juice mixture to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in mustard; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add cranberries. Return pork to the pan; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup sauce equals 332 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.