Cranberry-Mustard Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, mustard, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- Strain cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry-Mustard Pork Loin(25)
Sort By :
This was really delicious. My hubby says its a keeper! The pork was so tender and the sauce has a nice flavor. Mine was done after 4 hrs. I added 2 Tbsp of cornstarch like some of the other reviews and it came out the perfect consistency. Next time I might try leaving out the brown sugar. As someone else commented, it really would very sweet with just the cranberry sauce.
I am tempted to leave the sugar out next time I make this, since the cranberry sauce already has sugar in it. Also, it did not make sense to me to strain the juices; why use whole cranberry sauce if you're not going to eat the cranberries? At any rate, my husband and I both enjoyed this and I will make again.
Though pork tastes better with a sweet sauce, it was almost too sweet for me. I will definitely make again! Very good!!
This is so easy, smells wonderful cooking and tastes even better!!! I did brown the meet before putting in the crock pot and adjusted the dijon mustard to 1/8 of cup after reading some reviews. Would add a little more next time though! Definitely a keeper!!!
I'm not a fan of pork loin - it always seems dry and flavorless to me...until I tried it with this recipe. My family loved it, it was very flavorful and it was so moist you could cut it with your fork. Excellent recipe. Thanks so much!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >