Cranberry-Mustard Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, mustard, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- 2. Strain cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup gravy equals 255 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.