Cranberry Muffins with Walnut-Thyme Streusel Recipe
A friend of mine gave me a great recipe for blueberry muffins. I wanted to make a batch, but I didn’t have any blueberries! So I substituted the dried cranberries and played around with the other ingredients until I came up with these tender bites. —Bridget M. Klusman, Otsego, Michigan
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, walnuts and thyme; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Muffins with Walnut-Thyme Streusel in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p125
Reviews for Cranberry Muffins with Walnut-Thyme Streusel(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review