Cranberry Muffin Mix Recipe
- 8-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 4 batches (11-1/2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare muffins: Place 2-3/4 cups muffin mix in a bowl. Combine the egg, milk and butter; stir into mix just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor's Note: Contents of muffin mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
1 each: 208 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Muffin Mix
"These muffins were very good and everyone liked,my only critic is I would have liked them to be a little more moist."