Cranberry Mousse Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg; mix well. Drain pineapple; add juice to gelatin mixture and set pineapple aside. Chill until syrupy.
- 2. Whisk in sour cream. Add the pineapple and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup mold coated with nonstick spray. Chill until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup: 249 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Mousse Salad
"This is a very old recipe from taste of home. I've been looking for my book, that had this recipe in it. Thank you very much for shareing this with us. It's the best one , I have ever had. It's a 10 in my book. From [email protected] Nashville, Tn"