Cranberry Mousse Salad Recipe
My sister and I discovered this recipe while looking for something different to serve at holiday time. The fruity flavor goes especially well with poultry or pork.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg; mix well. Drain pineapple; add juice to gelatin mixture and set pineapple aside. Chill until syrupy.
- 2. Whisk in sour cream. Add the pineapple and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup mold coated with nonstick spray. Chill until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 249 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC