My sister and I discovered this recipe while looking for something different to serve at holiday time. The fruity flavor goes especially well with poultry or pork.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg; mix well. Drain pineapple; add juice to gelatin mixture and set pineapple aside. Chill until syrupy.
- Whisk in sour cream. Add the pineapple and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup mold coated with nonstick spray. Chill until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Mousse Salad in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p25
Reviews for Cranberry Mousse Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review