Cranberry Molasses Cake Recipe
Bursting with berries, warm squares of this homemade dessert are elegant drizzled with a sweet butter sauce. "Friends baked this wonderful cake for my bridal shower," writes Brenda Knable from Bagley, Minnesota.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup water
- 2-1/4 cups fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries, thawed
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, molasses and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cut warm cake into squares; serve with butter sauce. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 381 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Molasses Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC