Cranberry Mince Pie Recipe
Tart cranberries and apple balance the sweetness of mincemeat in this recipe. The pie make a regular appearance on my holiday table. —Sharon Forney, Hinckley, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add cranberries; cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Combine apples and mincemeat; spread over the bottom of pastry shell. Top with cranberry mixture.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice equals 371 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC