Tart cranberries and apple balance the sweetness of mincemeat in this recipe. The pie make a regular appearance on my holiday table. —Sharon Forney, Hinckley, Ohio
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add cranberries; cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Combine apples and mincemeat; spread over the bottom of pastry shell. Top with cranberry mixture.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Mince Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p148
Reviews for Cranberry Mince Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review