I saw a cranberry chutney recipe that used sugar, oil and other flavors I didn't care for, so I made this combination with sugar substitute and eliminated the oil. Now it's a family favorite. —Gloria Wiech, Frontenac, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and chopped
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over
- medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until
- cold. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 63 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.