Meet the Cook: Since we raise hogs, pork's plentiful at our place. If my husband's able to identify cranberries in a dish, however, he won't eat it. So, the first time I made these meatballs, I was thrilled when he raved about them. Our children - 5 and 2 - also consider them a favorite. And I've had many people request the recipe. But I really knew I had a "winner" when my grandmother asked me for it! -Tammy Neubauer, Ida Grove, Iowa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients. Shape into 72 meatballs (1 in. each).
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the oven; drain on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cranberry sauce is melted. Add the meatballs and heat through. Yield: 12 main-dish or 24 appetizer servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Meatballs in Country Woman September/October 1992, p31
Reviews for Cranberry Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review