Cranberry Meatballs Recipe
Meet the Cook: Since we raise hogs, pork's plentiful at our place. If my husband's able to identify cranberries in a dish, however, he won't eat it. So, the first time I made these meatballs, I was thrilled when he raved about them. Our children - 5 and 2 - also consider them a favorite. And I've had many people request the recipe. But I really knew I had a "winner" when my grandmother asked me for it! -Tammy Neubauer, Ida Grove, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients. Shape into 72 meatballs (1 in. each).
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the oven; drain on paper towels.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cranberry sauce is melted. Add the meatballs and heat through. Yield: 12 main-dish or 24 appetizer servings.
1 serving (6 each) equals 297 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC