- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 package (1 pound) miniature smoked sausage links
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble bulk sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 in. balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°.; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Add the meatballs and sausage links. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sausage links are no longer pink and sauce is slightly thickened. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Meatballs and Sausage
"Everyone loves this! Even my sister in law, who is a very picky eater......she went back for seconds!!!!"
"I was skeptical of using pork sausage for the meatballs (have always used ground beef for meatballs) & a little unsure of how the cranberry sauce would taste, but decided to give it a try due to the positive reviews. I'm so glad I did - it is soooo delicious! I don't like smoked sausage links, so I sliced up a pound of polka kielbasa as a substitute. Loved having both meatballs & sausage in one dish. What I loved about the sauce, besides the taste, is that it doesn't make so much that the meatballs drown in it, like the grape jelly/chili sauce recipe. I will definitely be making this for the holidays this year!"
"We thought this was good, but not great"
"Its a hit every year! Fun and simple and a nice appetizer for everyone when they are still waiting for the main courses to be done!"
"Absolutely loved this receipe!!! My friends and I were not too big of a fan of the sausage links but we LOVED the meatballs with the cranberry sauce!"
"I made this for my annual cookie dough exchange party. What a hit, there were no leftovers. Making again next year!"
"I used 2 lbs of Italian sausage - 1lb spicy and 1lb mild- instead of the links - turned out AMAZING! I just doubled the ingredients that mix in the meatballs. There was plenty of sauce!"
"Nothing beats making meatballs from scratch. Assembly was easy, sauce was terrific! I've made this a half dozen times already for football parties. Would not change a thing. Do trasfer to a crock pot to serve."
"Somebody should change the name of this recipe to AWESOME Cranberry Meatballs & Sausage!! These were so great. I took them to a house warming party & everyone raved. Particularly about the meatballs. I used Jimmy Dean's Premium Italian Pork Sausage for mine but I think you could easily substitute hot, mild or sage depending on your preference & still have great results. I completely agree with the other review which said these are much better than the ones coated in chili sauce & grape jelly. Will definitley be making them again. Thanks for the recipe & making me the most popular guest at the party!!"
"Very good and very easy! I did simmer and then I transfered to a crock pot and let guests serve themselves from there. Everyone loves these! So much better than the usual mini smoked sausage links covered in BBQ sauce or grape jelly and chili sauce!"