Cranberry Meatballs and Sausage Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 package (1 pound) miniature Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble bulk sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 in. balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°.; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Add the meatballs and sausage links. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sausage links are no longer pink and sauce is slightly thickened. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Meatballs and Sausage
Sort By :
Everyone loves this! Even my sister in law, who is a very picky eater......she went back for seconds!!!!
I was skeptical of using pork sausage for the meatballs (have always used ground beef for meatballs) & a little unsure of how the cranberry sauce would taste, but decided to give it a try due to the positive reviews. I'm so glad I did - it is soooo delicious! I don't like smoked sausage links, so I sliced up a pound of polka kielbasa as a substitute. Loved having both meatballs & sausage in one dish. What I loved about the sauce, besides the taste, is that it doesn't make so much that the meatballs drown in it, like the grape jelly/chili sauce recipe. I will definitely be making this for the holidays this year!
We thought this was good, but not great
Its a hit every year! Fun and simple and a nice appetizer for everyone when they are still waiting for the main courses to be done!
Absolutely loved this receipe!!! My friends and I were not too big of a fan of the sausage links but we LOVED the meatballs with the cranberry sauce!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Pork Appetizers >