Years ago, I found a version of this recipe in a cookbook. At first taste, my family judged it a keeper. The tangy saucy meatballs are requested by our friends whenever I host card night. We also take the yummy dish on camping trips.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 package (1 pound) miniature smoked sausage links
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble bulk sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 in. balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°.; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Add the meatballs and sausage links. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sausage links are no longer pink and sauce is slightly thickened. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Meatballs and Sausage in Country Woman January/February 2004, p29
Reviews for Cranberry Meatballs and Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review