Cranberry Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground ham
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, optional
- Bay leaves and fresh cranberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and ham over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. During the last 15 minutes of baking, baste meat loaf with barbecue sauce if desired. Garnish with bay leaves and cranberries if desired. Discard bay leaves before slicing. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 515 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 948 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.