- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound ground ham
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, optional
- Bay leaves and fresh cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and ham over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, baste meat loaf with barbecue sauce if desired. Garnish with bay leaves and cranberries if desired. Discard bay leaves before slicing. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I usually hate meatloaf, but I ate every bite of this! Lots of flavour!"
"The ingredients sound weird. I probably don't usually have them, I just happen to have some leftover stuff from a holiday. I made as is and it was AH mazing. This is the best meatloaf I have ever tasted. I wish I kept ham and cranberries around all the time. So delicious. Sweet, tangy, smoky... MMMMM"
"This recipe was amazing! I'm sure it rates 5 stars just as it is, but I didn't have ham or fresh cranberries, so I upped the ground beef to 2 lbs and put in the whole can of whole-berry cranberry sauce. Otherwise, everything was the same. Definitely slather sweet and spicy BBQ sauce on the top-the blend of these ingredients is perfect! Thank you for this amazing recipe!"