Everyone in my family loves this unusual recipe. It's especially fun to serve in the fall and around the holidays.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground ham
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, optional
- Bay leaves and fresh cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and ham over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, baste meat loaf with barbecue sauce if desired. Garnish with bay leaves and cranberries if desired. Discard bay leaves before slicing. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Meat Loaf in Country Extra November 2002, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review