Cranberry Mandarin Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 178 calories, 14 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry Mandarin Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
"I really like this salad. Trouble is my husband will not eat a salad with fruit in it so it is not very cost effected for me. The walnut oil is expensive and I don't know what else to use it for. But the salad is good and the dressing gets better as it sits"