- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 3 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and almond extract on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form. Add food coloring if desired. Fold in the almonds, coconut, cranberries and cornflakes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Macaroons
Sort By :
Great ingredients but the flavors didn't meld. Hard to get them off the pan even when greased.
This sounds like it could be good if the corn flakes were omitted. It would reduce the empty carbs adn boost the per serving protein and the cranberries and almods are good for you but the cornflakes, well I never liked them as a cereal or as a coating or in anything. I don't like box cereals.