A doily-lined tray piled high with these cookies never fails to draw exclamations of admiration from all who see them. Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, the cookies have a wonderful taste and texture.
54 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 3 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and almond
- extract on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in
- sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks
- form. Add food coloring if desired. Fold in the almonds, coconut,
- cranberries and cornflakes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto well-greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes. Remove to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 59 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.