Cranberry Luncheon Salad Recipe
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup orange juice and water to a boil. Place gelatin in a large bowl; add juice mixture and stir until dissolved. Stir in the remaining orange juice. Chill until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Stir in cranberry sauce. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 3. Set aside a few peach slices for garnish; cube the remaining peaches. In a large bowl, combine the cubed peaches, chicken, celery, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 4. Invert gelatin mold onto a serving plate; line center of ring with lettuce leaves. Stir pecans into chicken salad; spoon into center of gelatin. Top with reserved peach slices. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Luncheon Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.