Cranberry Luncheon Salad Recipe
In the heart of cranberry country, Mrs. Leon F. Schleusener, Tomah, Wisconsin, has key ingredients for her salad at hand. If you can't find cranberry gelatin, raspberry or other red-colored flavors work, too.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup orange juice and water to a boil. Place gelatin in a large bowl; add juice mixture and stir until dissolved. Stir in the remaining orange juice. Chill until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Stir in cranberry sauce. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 3. Set aside a few peach slices for garnish; cube the remaining peaches. In a large bowl, combine the cubed peaches, chicken, celery, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 4. Invert gelatin mold onto a serving plate; line center of ring with lettuce leaves. Stir pecans into chicken salad; spoon into center of gelatin. Top with reserved peach slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC