Cranberry Luncheon Salad Recipe
In the heart of cranberry country, Mrs. Leon F. Schleusener, Tomah, Wisconsin, has key ingredients for her salad at hand. If you can't find cranberry gelatin, raspberry or other red-colored flavors work, too.
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup orange juice and water to a boil. Place gelatin in a large bowl; add juice mixture and stir until dissolved. Stir in the remaining orange juice. Chill until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir in cranberry sauce. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Set aside a few peach slices for garnish; cube the remaining peaches. In a large bowl, combine the cubed peaches, chicken, celery, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Invert gelatin mold onto a serving plate; line center of ring with lettuce leaves. Stir pecans into chicken salad; spoon into center of gelatin. Top with reserved peach slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Luncheon Salad in Country Woman October/November 2007, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry Luncheon Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >